As you recall, I wrote about a great webinar I enjoyed last week put on by Steve Harrison. He interviewed author, Alex Carroll, who has created an entire lifestyle based on radio interviews, many of which he does from home in bed!
According to Carroll, here are a few advantages of radio interviews:
- You have lots of time to talk.
- Most listeners are commuters in traffic so you have a captive audience.
- Since they are commuting, it means they have jobs, which means money, which means ability to buy…
- You often get live audience feedback.
- Radio hosts are eager to give out your contact information.
- You can do them from home much of the time.
Carroll shared so much valuable information.
He gave a list of six things to do before you tackle radio interviews which included a detailed outline of his press kit and what to put in it.
He also described how to call to book an interview and what to say. Not only that, but he explained how to handle an actual interview in four steps.
In addition, he gave numerous miscellaneous tips.
Thanks to Steve and Alex, many people will find a new avenue of publicity/marketing that will be helpful to their businesses.What has been your most productive form of marketing?