In the distance, fireworks staccato an overture to 2015.
As this year comes to a close, I’m reflecting on all the difficulties, the challenges and the blessings of the previous year. Through it all, the good, the bad and the ugly, God has been faithful to heal, discipline, restore and redeem. Nothing is wasted with God. No trial too small or too big. No delight left unanswered. No heartbreak left unattended.
So, with all the pain and joy, it has been a good year.
A very good year.
And I want to thank you, my readers and comrades in this life journey for walking with me, offering encouraging words and prayers, supporting me and allowing me to speak into your lives with words that I pray have come from the Lord.
Will you celebrate with me over these milestones?
- I published my first book, The Miracle of Us: Confessions of an Online Dater. Yippee! And people like it. I am humbled and grateful beyond words.
- I welcomed grandchild #7 and #8, a seven month old granddaughter who lives with mom and dad in Poland, and a grandson born one week ago yesterday. I have yet to meet Liwia, except on Skype for now, but we will become friends that way until I get to hug her in person. In two weeks, I will have the pleasure of holding my youngest grandson, Zion.
- I finished writing my first novel, A Voice from the Past. Double yippee! Looking for an agent, but may end up with another self-publish. We’ll see…
- We got out of the moldy house!!!!!!!!! Feeling so much better, but still on the mend.
- We moved across the country from California to Florida, and we all love it here. God has answered so many prayers with this move. (Though I sorely miss my family and friends – especially grandkids #4 & 6 – they grow so fast!)
- My husband has 2 great jobs now which we pray will soon stabilize us financially. Thank you, Lord for provision.
- I’m homeschooling our youngest two children in jr and sr high. I love having them around, and they are growing remarkably in every way.
- I’m working on a new e-book which should be out in about a month or less….(you’re curious now, aren’t you?)
- I’ve started work on three other projects: a non-fiction sequel called Beyond the Miracle: When the Fairy Tale Becomes Reality that follows the lessons learned in our first six years of marriage ; a biblical historical novel Rachel’s Son, and a suspense novel Silk Stalkings. Only God knows in what order they will be completed.
Thank you all for your wonderful support in every way. May God bless your coming year with fruitfulness and joy.
What are some of your highlights of the year?
2 thoughts on “Farewell 2014”
Great accomplishments! I need to get to jotting down with mine!
Thank you! One step at a time will take you there. You can do it! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person