Every day we are faced with situations that seem impossible.
Whether it is an illness, the ruin of a relationship, a sudden traumatic event or even goals and dreams that seem out of our reach, impossibilities surround us.
But God says that nothing is impossible with him.
I’ve had a number of impossibilities in my life this past year. Relational, financial, career, family issues have at times left me discouraged at best and downright despairing on a couple of occasions.
But God reminds me that NOTHING is impossible for him.
I’m learning to stand more firmly on the word of God. His word says:
- He is faithful.
- He does not change.
- He gives good gifts.
- He redeems us and restores all that has been lost.
- He sees us, hears us and answers us with a great plan far beyond what we can hope for or imagine.
- What he says, he means.
- He never forsakes us or leaves us or condemns us when we fail.
- He waits with open arms when we’ve run off and pursues us with relentless passion.
- He loves us and wants our good which also brings him glory.
As I continue to remind myself of truth, I see impossibilities turn to promise, hope and outcomes that blow my mind. But then, isn’t God that big? When I keep my eyes on the greatness of God, he eclipses the situations I think can never work out. And just because I can’t see what he is doing about them in his supernatural world, doesn’t mean he isn’t.
Persevere without gazing at the impossibilities…only at Jesus – the overcomer of impossible.