What Do You Love About Summer?
Even though I miss my beloved California coast, I love many things about Florida. For one, our freedom here to have life mostly back to normal which means we’re able to celebrate our God in worship as well as our nation’s independence. Every week our church is overflowing with new people longing for more of Jesus. That makes my heart happy.
Of course there are other summer fun things too. No matter where we live, I love summer fruit. Such an amazing plethora of sweet, summertime goodness. Like the fruit of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Abundant, leaves us wanting more, and so good for us!
Then there are our afternoon thunderstorms. Okay, so even though the thunder still makes me jump, even when I see the lightning and know it’s coming, the pouring rain washes the heat out of the day. After the deluge, a peace settles over everything. Like Jesus washing us in living water and giving us his peace.
Brendan and I have enjoyed a couple of outings now that I am able to do a little more. Our friend, Bob, is a gracious man who has treated us to some fun – like riding in his sidecar! A first for both me and Brendan.
And finally, who doesn’t love summer reading? Take a good book to the beach or the lake and escape into someone else’s world for a few hours.
That’s why I’m happy to announce that Where Blows the Wind is finally available in paperback! It’s been a long month trying to work out the printing issues, but it’s still in time for your summer vacation.
The really good news is that I’ve made it half price until August 15th.
$8.99 is a great deal for those who prefer the feel of a book in hand and the smell of paper and ink.
It can be read without Book 1, but if you haven’t read When the Wind Blows and want to read them in order you can find it here. Most of my time this summer has been spent writing. Book 3 in the Winds of Redemption series, A Mighty Wind, is well under way and unfolding in ways I didn’t foresee. It’s on track for a fall release. I’ve also been working on the sequel to The Miracle of Us: Confessions of an Online Dater – my first true non-fiction. (Even though it tells more of our story, it’s really a book about marriage.) My goal is for Beyond the Miracle: When the Fairy Tale Collides with Reality to be available before Christmas.
We’ll see what God does. It’s up to him, I just let him use me. LOL
Tyrina longs for family, but doesn’t trust anyone. But when she meets the group of neighbors brought together by the previous year’s hurricane, she’s inspired by Dylan Davis’s story. Could God possibly help her find the siblings she lost contact when they were children? And what about finding love?
“Oh my goodness…I couldn’t stop reading it. I loved every minute of it!
Laura Bennet has a way of using vivid language so that you can envision
yourself right there in the room with the characters.” Cindylq
Laura’s Monthly Reading List
- Before Time Runs Out by Amy Matayo – A time travel romance I never thought I’d read, but I’m sure glad I did! Her writing is brilliant, unique, fun…I learn from this author.
- It’s a… Mystery Birds by Janetta Messmer – Another Early Birds book (#5), I’m still reading. Janetta always makes her quirky characters real life and fun to be with.
- Force of Habit Series by James Scott Bell – I finished this 6 book series early in the month. What can I say? I’m hooked on anything from this author.
- Dark Water and Safe Harbor (Lantern Beach Blackout Book 1 & 2) by Christy Barritt – Another author I’m hooked on. And she writes faster than I can read!
- Hosting the Presence by Bill Johnson – A great book, but a little like panning for gold. Some may find it a little dry, but the nuggets are so worth it!