Big dreams start with small steps.
I believe big things are coming in this new year. God has already done miracles in my marriage, family and business, and I believe he’s calling us to trust him for even more than we can hope for or imagine. (Eph. 3:20)
We have to think bigger.
Recently, in reading the passage in the Bible about Joshua and Caleb being sent with ten other men to scope out the promised land (Numbers 13), I was struck by a few things:
- God made a big promise – his plans were far greater than his people imagined.
- The land God was giving them was flowing with good things – abundance is God’s plan and promise for us.
- There were giants, obstacles and adversaries within the land God promised – it wouldn’t be easy, and they would have to fight for it.
- Only 2 of the 12 came back believing God’s promise, the other 10 chose fear instead and spread fear among their people
- The people had to step forward to move into the land. Just one step started the movement.
What does that have to do with me?
God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. (Hebrews 13:8) God’s promises may look different, but he is the same God able to speak what is relevant to us and make them come to fruition.
So, today, what is God whispering to your heart that he wants to do for you? Something bigger than what you think is possible?
Restoring a relationship? Starting a new business? Writing a book? Adopting a child? Overcoming an addiction?
Let’s ask God what his big dreams are for us. Let’s believe what he says – he’s the God of abundance and greatness. Let’s be willing to fight for what God promises – he will equip us and lead us to fight. Let’s speak truth and hold onto God rather than giving way to fear. We may feel fear, but we don’t have to live in it and let it control us. Let’s be careful not to spread fear. We CAN dream big and see God deliver.